Friday, September 25, 2009

We Need to Talk...



Today I went online to pay my cell phone bill and to say I was SHOCKED AND APPAULED is an understatement. My typical bill is $54.06 dollars because I NEVER go over my minutes; however, this month my bill is (I hope you’re sitting down) $256 dollars. It seems that I have been talking more than normal during my time away from the daily grind. The looming question is, if all of my friends are working who am I talking to?

The answer isn’t hard to figure out, it is indeed MY FRIENDS. Yes BITCHES it’s ya’ll!

Since I am not working the calls during the day have been coming in on a regular, and because I am a talker of course I answer. Now I will give some of you credit because the calls are sometimes job tips. For instance Grace did call me about a job she saw in her AKA newsletter, the problem is after that job tip I think we talked about working out and our weekly gossip for the next 43 minutes.

Now I enjoy phone time as much as the next girl, but I have to be real with myself and I can’t afford a bill of $256. That means I only have two choices:
A. Don’t answer my phone during the day.
B. Change plans and bite the bullet and pay a little more per month.
As you can guess I am going to have to choose B. I love you guys too much not to hear about how you almost fell asleep in a four hour meeting, or about how I need to look at the Latrian Milton remix, or the “gospel” McDonalds commercial on YouTube.

Here’s the deal if I am making changes this means YOU dear friends are going to have to make a few changes for me as well. What do you need to change you ask? Don’t call me from you work phone! I’m putting everyone on notice…. I’m paying an extra $17 a month to talk to any MOBILE user. I know it’s convenient to call me from your desk phone, because you can act like you are on an important business call but that is costing me money (money I can be spending sending out resume tapes or at happy hour). So next time your coworker emails you a hilarious link and you think I will like it, step away from your cubicle and give me a ring from your cell phone.


If this seems like too much work to walk away from your desk and make a call think of it this way…You’re not supposed to make personal calls at work anyway. I just saved your job and you just saved me some money!

No comments:

Post a Comment