Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Why Doesn't He Call?!?!






A week ago I gave this guy “Randy” my number. Ok, for the sake of being honest I also gave him my email address and mailing address (I just wanted to cover all of my bases). We all know how guys like to feel wanted so I gave him numerous compliments and several reasons why we would be perfect together. After giving him all of my information and showering him with compliment Randy still hasn't called me back? L I confess I have Randy’s number (he's quite the player… his number is on a local website) and I can call him, but I know he has an important job and he seems really busy. Plus and I don’t want to be “that girl” that makes the first move.If Randy was any other guy, I’m sure my girlfriends would tell me to forget about him because only a loser would not call me back after a week. Instead my girlfriends are telling me to have some patience and he will eventually call. You’ve probably guessed Randy isn't your average guy, he is a news director, and the waiting game is no fun.

What makes matters worse is not only is he not calling me, I’m afraid to call him. We’ve all seen posts that say “NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE” so I don’t call (or stalk). Everything I read tells me to make myself stand out and make connections with people, but how do I do that without alienating the person I want to hire me.

I think I have found a unique way to solve this job problem. My solution (which may only work for this particular station) “Get a Job Monday”, the station where I applied has a job line on Monday and works with a local government placement agency to find people who are out of work jobs. My plan of action is to attend one of the sessions hosted by the agency on Thursday titled “Survival Strategies During Tough Economic Times!” The woman who will host the session is also the liaison for the program (I checked the stations website). My goal is to make a connection with the speaker and hopefully she can help me get my foot in the door at the station or at least give me the ok to call.


I know it seems like a lot of work for one job but you know what they say, “God helps those who help themselves.” If all else fails I purchased my flip today and will be taking it with me to the seminar so I can post video later this week!

Ash








No comments:

Post a Comment